Tuesday, August 18, 2009

the wrong girl

Dear Jiffy Lube Mechanics,

You chose the wrong girl to try and sell unnecessary parts to today. Allow me to explain why:

First off, I am a mechanic's daughter. As such I know a thing or two about cars. Now, I do not claim to be knowledgeable by any means but I am not ignorant. Trying to sell me a new battery when my battery has been fully functional might not be a very good idea. I drove to your store straight from work - which means my car had just started without any problems.

Also, because I am a mechanic's daughter I have been well educated in the fact that not all in your profession are necessarily honest. I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt though so I started my car successfully three times after leaving. I am now beginning to question your honesty in this situation.

In the future it might be better if you didn't try and make extra money off of me (or any customer for that matter) when they don't need it. And just because I am a girl does not mean I am ignorant.

Sincerely,
Tiffany

3 comments:

Bobbie Murphy said...

love it! I hate that some think we don't know any bette because we are a girl.

Sharee said...

Hahaha!! I hope they heard you start your car three times! You did it in the parking lot right? So funny!

Anonymous said...

Love it Tiff!