Tuesday, April 1, 2008

come and go

Today is April Fools day. I haven't done a single thing to fool anyone. I must be getting old and boring or something. My favorite part of today was when I received a text from Kristen telling me that she wanted to put food coloring in the spray tanner at work and that got me thinking. I don't know if I remember doing anything April Foolsy in a long time. When I was little, between the ages of about 10-13 I would always pull the same joke on my dad. I would tell him that my best friend's family had decided to move to Nevada when summer came. Why I chose that same lie to tell no one will ever know. Either my dad was really good at pretending that he believed me or maybe, just maybe, I actually fooled him. I'm leaning more towards the first option.

Today also marks the two year anniversary of when I totaled my car. Now, that is not an experience that I would recommend to anyone. It was rather humorous that it happened on April Fool's day though. I was on my way to work and when I called in to tell them that there was no way that I was going to show up, they told me that I was lying and that I should just come into work. It took me probably a whole two minutes to convince them that I wasn't pulling a joke on them and that I had in fact crashed my car. My mom believed me when I first told her and was very good and supportive like moms are. But, she did call me back about fifteen minutes after I first got off of the phone with her just to make sure. The insurance company did believe me on the first go with no questions asked, other than the who, what, when, where, and why of the accident. My word of wisdom...don't hydroplane. Now, I know that it can be hard to avoid sometimes, but those cement barriers aren't very forgiving in my experience. Not even at 60 miles per hour.

Today also means that I have exactly two weeks of classes left of this semester, and exactly three weeks before I will be done with all of my finals. Hooray! This is great news for my sanity. Having every minute of almost every day planned can tend to get a little bit old. I am excited for some free time. Oh how I miss you summer! And another thought...since it is the beginning of April, that means that plants and trees will start blooming soon. This is my absolute favorite time of the whole year. I just love it when the trees are all flowering and bright and the earth seems to come alive again. That's all for now.

No comments: