Saturday, April 25, 2009

we sing, we dance, we graduate

Warning: this post may put you into picture overload.

Enter to learn; go forth to serve.

That is the motto of the university I just graduated from. Yes, you read that right, I graduated from BYU this weekend. I can't believe how fast it has gone! It really feels like just yesterday that I started college, and here I am all graduated and stuff. Weird, but also SOOOO exciting!

I decided to do a picture documentary of what transpired instead of trying to describe everything in words. (thus the possible picture overload)

Here we go:


My graduating class-specific to my major. I love these guys!

Oh Cherie. haha. We took this picture in honor of JR, who was the third member of our group in lab but was a bum and didn't walk at graduation.

I included this picture solely for the beauty of the trees. Spring is my favorite season, and these trees are a big reason.

Me with my parentals


Oh sister, I love you dearly!

Our "more bars in more places" shot

My siblings plus one. Emily basically counts as a sibling though.

Mommy :)

...and don't forget dad!

I just loved this picture. It made my whole day.

All of the students had the option of getting a stole of gratitude (the white thing around my shoulders). The tradition of the stole of gratitude is that the graduate gives it to someone who helped significantly with their education. I figured since my grandma has been a huge help financially these last 4 years that she was more than deserving.

Emily and Brittani wanted to feel like they were cool too so they stole my cap and stole of gratitude. And turns out, it makes for a fun picture!


My classmates again. This was right before we started the procession into the Marriot Center for Commencement.

Well friends, that's a wrap. I am now a graduate. Not that it really changes what I am doing right now anyways since my internship lasts until July 3rd, but I can officially say that I graduated from BYU! Who ever would have thought that day would actually come!? I am so excited that I made it through this phase of life and I can't wait to see what the next phase will bring!

Happy graduation weekend everyone!

No comments: