Thursday, April 30, 2009

blame the pigs

Dear Swine Flu,

As laboratory personel, I feel that it is my responsibility to let you know of the great increase of work that you have provided us. We have nearly as many influenza tests in the last few days as we did during the whole month of January - when normal flu season is is full swing. You have also caused the phone to keep ringing off the hook with all sorts of questions about testing for you; including things like how to collect samples (which I don't know-all I do is run the tests!) and how long it takes.

I would personally like to thank you for ensuring that I am not bored at work.

I would also like to thank you for the job security.

Finally, I would like to ask that you don't get any more severe and try your very hardest to avoid mutations of any kind. I'm sure that the general public would appreciate that as well.

Love,
Tiffany

2 comments:

Sharee said...

Dear Tiffy,

You don't know me yet, but you will in about 5 months. Well, my mommy read your post about baked goods and I read it too through her and well I need baked goods...
Preferably something with chocolate... This will help me keep my mommy up all night. hehe
And I think you should marry Jon. :)

Love, Baby Morris

TheMoney said...

Heidenreich - thanks for the forgiveness and for the photo compliments! The reason you didn't know about my photo skills is because I don't really have photo skills I just now have a good camera...which I never had before. Also, I miss you.