Friday, August 22, 2008

introspection

I seem to be doing a lot more deep and thought out posts lately than I normally do. Maybe I have some unfulfilled need for introspection in my life. I don't know. Here is yet another deep, introspective post.

While at work today, one of my coworkers asked me what would seemingly be a simple surface question - "Are you enjoying your college experience?" My immediate answer was, of course, yes. But then I got to thinking...am I really enjoying my college experience? I have a solid three years of it now. I will spare you my answer but just think about all that is included in the simple statement of "are you enjoyoing your college experience?" I would venture to say that anyone's answer to this question once they thought about it would be pretty deep, pretty deep indeed. And if nothing else, it is a thought provoking question.

3 comments:

Bobbie Murphy said...

here's another deep thought...before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes - that way you'll be a mile from them... and you'll have their shoes. want some ice cream?

Bobbie Murphy said...

and another one. the face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

tiff said...

I would love some ice cream! Just let me know when and where... :)