Friday, February 5, 2010

i heart hole in the wall

I love, love, LOVE hole in the wall places.

For proof of this, there is a whiteboard in my apartment with all the little random restaurants that my roommate and I want to try. We do try these places out on a semi-regular basis.

The other day I went to this little bowling ally on 33rd South and about 13th East called Sue-Rich Lanes. I must say, it is the coolest little place. The owner was the cashier that helped us. We had very personalized service. Yes, the machines were probably older than I was and our ball got stuck a couple times, but it was still so much fun. I love that this guy and his wife started a bowling ally and have been able to keep it up and running for so long. I can't even imagine how much planning, time, and effort went in to starting up their little business.

Maybe I am just fantisizing about the beginning of this place, but I really like that little fantasy and it makes it so much more meaningful to support their business.

If you want to go bowling in Salt Lake, I definitely recommend hitting up Sue-Rich Lanes.

No comments: