Sunday, November 15, 2009

tis the season

I love this time of year. The older I get the more I learn to love it. I used to loathe the snow and the cold that comes along with it. Now I welcome it. Snow is a beautiful thing. Each and every snow flake is majestic and falls as if doing a dance. It covers all the dying shrubbery in a beautiful white blanket. Then there is the smell of the crisp fall air, the rosing of my cheeks every time I step outside, carving through the snow on a snowboard, and of course the fall/winter fashion trends.

Another welcoming trait of this time of year is the holiday season. Everyone is giving, loving, and charitable. It seems that others needs are better taken care of and looked after. It is a beautiful thing. As a people we seem to really embrace those around us.

In the spirit of these pre-Thanksgiving weeks, I thought I would give a little rundown of what I am grateful for.

  • My family. Each and every one of them. I love you guys!
  • Friends. You make everyday so much better.
  • A good job. I truly enjoy going to work.
  • The view from my apartment window. The mountains never looked so pretty.
  • Education. You have changed the way I look at the world.
  • Religion. I can be whole again.
  • Never ending opportunities. Life is so much more exciting because of them.
  • Life experiences. You have helped mold me into who I am today.

No comments: