Thursday, July 23, 2009

black and blue

I recently got into a fight with a door at work. Needless to say, the door definitely won. And more likely than not, my fingernail is going to be a casualty in this incident.

This is not a picture of my hand-but, a picture of my nail would look pretty similar. It is my left pointer finger and the nail is almost all completely blackish purple like the one in this picture. Also, the blood you see pooling on the nail in this picture is because this person melted a hole into their nail to relieve the pressure. I did this as well. I flamed a pin, touched it to my nail, and in it went. Seeing your fingernail bleed is definitely an interesting experience (and completely painless by the way), let me tell you. But I can no longer feel my heartbeat in my finger anymore so it was worth the gruesomeness of the procedure. I'm not going to lie, I was a little fascinated by the whole thing. And I have never lost a nail before so that will be interesting as well. That basically sums up my nerdiness in a nutshell.

Hopefully the nail will fall off soon so the rest of the pressure will be relieved and the inflammation will go down. That is what I am hoping for at least.

Moral of the story: don't smash your fingers. Especially in big heavy lab doors. The experience is pretty painful. I never even knew that my finger could hurt so much for so long.

But do not fear, I have gotten past the pain and I am now just fascinated by all the little changes that are taking place in my finger. It's kinda cool actually.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I had that happen to me when I was a Freshman in HS. My dad poked the nail with a pin and blood shot EVERYWHERE. Pretty funny, the nail fell off and I didnt have it for a while, finally it grew back and was raised a litte more than the others, which i thought was weird but whatever. Hope all goes well Tiff! :)
Ps. I kept the nail too! Gross i know but it was soo cool looking!