Sunday, January 11, 2009

it came and went

This last month or so has been quite the whirlwind.  First with the holidays, which always livens things up a bit, but also because my little Jon reported to the MTC last wednesday.  Being 21 and all, I thought that I had surpassed the age at which you send off a missionary. I think that the Lord had something else in mind though.  Despite being a whirlwind, this last month has also been truly amazing.  I was able to spend time with my family, I got more time off of work than I usually do, and I was able to have a very good last month with my boyfriend before he left on his mission.  These pictures were taken a few minutes before he got set apart as a missionary so they are kind of fun :)

He told me that he had to take some good pictures of me so that he would have some while he was gone.  He must not have realized that they weren't going to be good so close up! haha.  The best part about this picture though is my squinty right eye.  For some reason it closes more than the left one whenever I smile or smirk.  Jon always liked to bring up this little fact, so the fact that he got a close up picture of it is very fitting and will be a fun reminder for him! 

And one final picture before he could only shake my hand...

We have had a very good run these last seven months or so and I am going to miss this boy.  He is in for the experience for a lifetime though, and I couldn't be more excited for him! Besides, how else was I ever going to learn how to write an old fashioned letter - sending a boyfriend into the mission field is the perfect way to learn how!

No comments: